What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say… Melanie Martinez? For me, it would be 'So fresh!'
Fresh fashion drives my attention, and she is the epitome of it! It's almost impossible not to fall in love with her personality. When I saw Crybaby for the first time, her hair (yes, the famous Melanie Martinez wig), her clothes, and the confidence with which she pulled off her pastel goth look, all of it put me in awe of its weird uniqueness.
And I know it's not just me! Millions like me love her not only for her music but also for the complementing fashion that separates her from the rest. She is the queen of expression, especially when it comes to complex emotions. And from the way I see, her style is an essential part of it.
With Halloween coming up, I'm sure that many of you must be dying to perfect the Crybaby look and looking for cosplay wigs that could let you rock the look!
How to Perfect the Crybaby Look- Everything from Melanie Martinez Wigs to her Makeup
If you have already seen the videos of Melanie Martinez songs, you would be able to tell her fashion inclination in minutes.
She has been consistent in rocking her appearance, be it her choice of dresses, her hair, or makeup!
Let's try to figure out each of them!
Melanie Martinez Outfits
As for her wardrobe, two things dominate it: pastels and monochromes. The hues of pinks, greens, and blues are so calming that it is difficult not to notice how often she wears pastels. Her dresses are frilly, puffy, lacey, with bows, and everything that would be eliminated by the normal artists as 'baby like.'
What impresses me the most is that they are chic at the same time! Apart from some of her dresses that seem like the replicas of a doll's clothes, all of her dresses are urbane.
Among her monochrome choices, there's a black dress that I think could be a perfect pick for your Halloween dress-up. It has that gothic touch that Halloween demands! The good news is you could buy a similar dress here at Nunique. Our black dress does give an eerie vibe, and you'd be able to rock it just like Melanie with the right Melanie Martinez wig and makeup!
Apart from the dress, you may need a pair of frilly socks and block-heeled shoes to perfect the costume.
Melanie Martinez Wigs
Half of Melanie's hair is always black, and the other half is seldom black! To perfect your Cry baby look, you'd need a cosplay wig, and we have plenty!
Here are some of the most eccentric Melanie Martinez wigs for you:
- Women's Two-Tone Shoulder Length Bob with Giant Red Bow- Cry Baby Look: From all the Melanie Martinez style wigs that we have, this is the closest to the Cry Baby look. Personally, one of the favorite wigs for women. With a bob length and a huge bow, this wig will add a lot of character to your look. It is a two-toned wig- platinum blonde and auburn. The bangs are exactly how Melanie prefers- blunt.
- Two-Tone Lace front Curls with Heart Curled Bangs- Highschool Sweethearts look: If you are Melanie's fan, you must know all her looks and what you'd need to rock that look, right? So if you are planning on adorning the Highschool Sweethearts look, this Two Tone Lace Front Curls wig from our collection of Melanie Martinez wigs is an apt choice. The most exciting thing about this wig is that it is available in three colors. And one of them is iconic- black and blonde. The curled bangs will be a spot-on factor to rock a Melanie cosplay look!
- Women's Long Two-Tone Curls with Pink Ribbons: Melanie has opted for two ponytails with ribbons countless times, and I think this is one of the safest choices as a cosplay wig. The dual-tone wig has black and divine baby pink curls, which you could easily tie up in two tails, yes, just like Melanie does. This wig would look gorgeous with a pastel pink and a black dress.
These are not the only Melanie Martinez wigs we have. There are more options for you, which you can find here.
Melanie Martinez Makeup
Mortals like you and I try to make our makeup complement our dress. Not Melanie, though! I think more than her dress; she makes sure that her makeup lives up to bring out the eccentricity of her hair.
Well, more or less!
Whether it's the dress or the wig that she's trying to bring out more, seeing her, on the whole, gives out just one vibe- of perfection! Her look is always perfect!
So far, from what I have observed, pinks, browns, and purples seem to be her eye colors. After weighing on what shade would go with your outfit and the cosplay wig, decide on a central color that you want to highlight.
- Start with primer for eyeshadow. Apply a small amount of primer on your lids, and blend it gently.
- Whichever color you choose, let's say brown, choose a lighter shade for the inner eyelid. I would go with a dark peach for my inner eyelid and brown for my outer eyelid.
- Apply the same brown eyeshadow on the bottom lashline. If you want to go more gothic, add a little black over the brown.
- Make sure to blend it naturally.
- Melanie applies color to her brows as well. Well, sometimes. Fill your brows with a peach liner, or darken and thicken them with black. Any of them would look great!
- Apply some mascara, a lot of it actually if you're not going to put on false lashes. I would recommend lashes.
- For lip color, choose a dark brown shade, matte, if possible.
- Add lots of color to your cheekbones and smudge it up till your eyes. That's how Melanie likes it!
- Now, the Melanie special! The tears! Use a blue pencil to draw a drop. Or you could purchase a sticker for the same.
And it's done! You're now all set for your cosplay! Rock it like Melanie does, not just on Halloween, but always!
[Featured image credit: wallpapersafari.com]